Why use a Certified Legal Videographer ?
- Video depositions by a certified professional, disinterested third party, is the most effective method of preserving testimony or reconstructing an event when it comes to presenting visual evidence in court.
- A Certified Court Videographer with the American Guild of Court Videographers, the Certified Court Video Specialist (CCVS), is a certified professional who understands the:
- Federal Rules of Civil Procedure 30(b)(4)
- Rules 1000-1008 of the Federal Rules of Evidence
- Colorado Rules of Civil Procedure
- Colorado Rules of Evidence
- American Guild of Court Videographers (AGCV) polices, procedures, recommendations and code of ethics.
- Video deposition authenticity is protected by the videographer's adherence to theses rules and the videographer certifies in writing that the video was not edited, erased or otherwise altered without a judge’s direction.
- The Certified Court Videographer will be present to testify in court as to the validity of your video. Non-certified videographers or interested parties would not have this type of standing in a court of law (additional fees apply).
American Guild of Court Videographers-
The American Guild of Court Videographers is the only organization in the world that is made up exclusively of Professional Videographers that are fully trained and certified in ALL ASPECTS of legal videography. The American Guild of Court Videographers trains and Certifies Videographers in Legal Videography including the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, the Federal Rules of Evidence, and the State Rules of Civil Procedure. The AGCV is also a resource for its members, offering continuing education and important updates throughout the year. The American Guild of Court Videographers stands for and is recognized for "Distinguished Legal Professionalism". We invite you to visit the American Guild of Court Videographers online at: www.agcv.com.
Michael Kurtz, AGCV, CDVS, CVDS, CCVS was personally trained by AGCV founder, Gayle Marquette PH.D, CCVS, CLVI. In addition to two years experience in Legal Videography, Michael has a 35 year background in engineering, voice and data communications, technical consulting, business process development and improvement, business performance metrics, business consulting, technical consulting in the legal field, and video business and production consulting. Michael is also pursuing a commission as a Colorado Notary Public for your notary needs and will be able to provide the oath to a witness if necessary and notarize document signatures for wills and prenuptial agreements.